- Which president of the United States was in office from Jan. 20, 1953 to Jan. 20, 1961?
- Which disease did Dr. Jonas Salk successfully create a vaccine for in 1952?
- What was the name of the first satellite launched into orbit by Russia in 1957?
- Who overthrew Fulgencio Batista in 1959 and became dictator of Cuba?
- What year did Disneyland open?
- What famous explorer first climbed Mount Everest in 1953?
- Who became Premier of the Soviet Union in 1958?
- Senator Joseph McCarthy, who conducted a nationally televised hearing in 1954 to root out Communists in the government, represented what state?
- What is the name of the woman who refused to give up her seat on a bus in Montgomery, Alabama in 1955?
- Which member of the royal family became head of state in Great Britain in 1953?
Scroll down for answers…
- Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Fidel Castro
- Sir Edmund Hillary
- Nikita Khrushchev
- Rosa Parks
- Queen Elizabeth II
Tell us how you did…